Residency for dance artists Köttinspektionen Uppsala / June 2021
Köttinspektionen is an artist-run cultural centre located in Uppsala, founded in 2014. The venue is shared between three art forms: dance, theatre and visual arts.
Since 2016 Köttinspektionen Dans has presented a variety of choreographic practices, performances and interventions that experiment, in different ways, with dance and choreography as an art form, and as politics and relations. During the period June 1 – June 13 2021, we offer a residency to a dancer or choreographer, individual or group, to work at Köttinspektionen. If it is suitable for the process there is a possibility to share the work in a public presentation or performance at the end of the period, but this is optional and not requested from the residency artist.
The residency includes:
• access to rehearsal and performance spaces
• use of technical equipment
• one day with a stage technician
• accomondation (flat in Uppsala)
• a performance fee/production support of SEK 20,000 (excl. VAT)
•travel allowance up to SEK 3000
• audience host and PR if doing a public presentation
Köttinspektionen has a performance space with basic technical resources, such as a few theatre lights and a sound system. The room is equipped with dance floor and audience seating. Dance mats can be installed on request. There is no house technician.
Welcome to submit your application no later than the 1st of March 2021 to email@example.com including:
– Contact information
– Short biography/cv (description of your artistic practice)
– Motivation/ describing what you want to work with at Köttinspektionen (max 1 A4)
– Link to website or link to work sample (video material only via link)
The selection procedure will favor works that are in an experimental phase, that introduce new acquaintances to Köttinspektionen, and that suit the practical conditions of the premises.